The arrest is in relation to his alleged personal involvement in a transaction of one of the clients of the Group. He has resigned due to his decision to devote more time to his personal endeavours. Roma is a valuer via subsidiary Roma Appraisals Ltd, and a list of HK-listed clients is in Webb-site Whos Who.
GCPS (8193): ED David Yip Chung Wai arrested by ICAC | Client list
Company announcement, 21-Apr-2017
GCPS, via 80.1% subsidiary Greater China Appraisal Ltd, is a valuer. The other 19.9% is owned by Roma (8072), another valuation group. It is probably not a coincidence that on the same day, Roma has announced that its Chairman and CEO Kelvin Luk Kee Yan has also been arrested by the ICAC.
He has resigned "due to his personal commitments". The company does not mention that Mr Luk has been arrested by the ICAC. Mr Luk has simultaneously resigned as Chairman and CEO of Roma (8072).